The Daily Dose/November 3, 2019
By Gaylon Kent
America’s Funniest Guy
The Sunday Bottom 5
The very best of the very worst of the week that was…
1. President Trump – It’s OK to say it now: Trump is the worst president America has ever had, which is saying something…Lacking a long term plan for himself, he lacks one for America…Tossing truth, dignity, courtesy aside, his only real talent remains a consummate ability to draw attention to himself.
2. Republicans –Difficult to say how long GOP will continue to defend the indefensible, though it’s useful to remember, as Republicans continue to give clinics in circling the wagons, Hitler remained in power for years despite slaughtering millions of innocent people.
3. Democrats – Another party with nothing to offer America, as leading candidates hell-bent on taxing country to death to provide national healthcare system…This is wrong…1) it’s not the government’s job to provide health care, it’s the job of the free market, 2) we can’t afford it and, 3) the government will screw it up besides.
4. Gaylon For United States Senate – Whack-job third party candidate back for another run, having announced for Colorado Libertarian Party’s 2020 nomination…Received 52,876 votes (2.6%) for US Senate in 2014, then a record for a third-party candidate in a Colorado US Senate election…Click here to contribute right now.
5. American Electorate – World standing by for 2020, when American voters will herald whether they will continue to enable the collapse of their once-great, once-proud country or whether they’re willing to make some changes.
Today At The Site
The Diary of a Nobody: Sparrow has the latest on the back office scratch paper situation. Today’s Diary.
I’ve started back in rebuilding the scratch paper stack, on the shelf that holds the monitor in the back office…Totally committed, I cut up reports that are usually shredded like, for example, the departure report and guest folios that actually didn’t need to be printed out…Both of these have guest information on them and you gotta shred guest information HOWEVER you can still get three sheets of scratch paper out of them, you just have to be careful to throw the quarter with guest information in the shredder…Following these procedures – usually implemented only in the direst of Scratch Paper Emergencies (SPE) – yielded more than a dozen sheets.
It’s Sparrow, an average man passing an average life.
Click here to get in on the laffs: Sparrow, The Bottom Ten, the funniest books you’ve ever read. We offer 4Ever and Ever access, or cheapskates can purchase books and columns individually.
On This Date
In 1964 – President Lyndon Johnson is elected to a full term as president of the United States, defeating Republican Barry Goldwater, a US Senator from Arizona, by 16 million votes and winning the Electoral College by a 486-12 margin. The election marked the first time residents of Washington, D.C. were allowed to vote for president and, setting a precedent they have yet to break, they voted Democratic. It also marked the last time an elected president was not on the ballot in all 50 states, as Alabama declined to put Johnson on the ballot. Johnson would decline to run for another term in 1968.
In 1996 – Jerry Rice of the San Francisco 49ers becomes the first NFL player with 1,000 career receptions in 24-17 victory over the New Orleans Saints. Rice finished the day with three receptions for 45 yards and one touchdown. Rice finished the season with a career-high 108 catches and retired after the 2004 season with 1,549 receptions, an NFL record that still stands. To date, 13 other NFL players have joined Rice in the 1,000 reception club.
In 2018 – Bebe Rexha and Florida Georgia Line are at #1 on Billboard’s country chart – then and now known as the Hot Country Songs chart – for the 48th of a record 50 consecutive weeks with Meant To Be. The song had also peaked at #2 on Billboard’s Hot 100 and remains the biggest song in country music history and 50 weeks at #1 remains the record for a major Billboard singles chart. The record for most weeks at #1 on any Billboard singles chart is held by You Say by Lauren Daigle, which currently is in its 66th consecutive week at #1 on Billboard’s Hot Christian Songs chart.
It is a truism that the successful general’s principal task is to choose good subordinates.
Answer To The Last Trivia Question
The Beatles have had three songs peak at #2 on the Billboard Hot 100.
Which active NFL player has the most career receptions? Answer next time!