The Daily Dose/June 6, 2021
By Gaylon Kent
America’s Funniest Guy
Editor’s Note: Gaylon is working on a project and most elements of The Daily Dose – Leading Off, The Sunday Bottom 5, On This Date, Some Philosophy Crap, Trivia – are either on hiatus or running intermittently. Your full-service Daily Dose will return, probably later this spring, though perhaps in the summer.
The Sunday Bottom 5
A ranking of some things.
1. Trump Reinstatement – Good gravy, the insurrectionist-in-chief actually believes he will be reinstated president…Of course, ignorance like this is par for the course for a man who is a lying sexual predator who believes the moon is part of Mars…And that the Revolution was won by Americans securing British airports.
2. Donald Trump Supporters – Your man remains a lying sexual predator who believes the moon is part of Mars (see above)…Please, tell us again which of these traits continues to earn your support.
3. Lauren Daigle – Sunday Bottom 5 pollsters preparing to bid adieu to Daigle’s regular weekly entry as single You Say drops to #3 on Billboard’s Hot Christian Singles chart after Billboard all-chart record 129 non-consecutive weeks at #1…While mindful this is a rather niche chart, Sunday Bottom 5 pollsters “pretty sure” this is still one of the great accomplishments in chart history.
4. Coors Field – Sunday Bottom 5 pollsters “pretty sure” putting cream cheese on a bratwurst the greatest single greatest advance in the culinary arts since cheese was first deep fried, created either by some concession stand worker with some extra cream cheese that was about to go bad or by Providence on the 7th day.
5. GOP Voting Laws – Why would any lawmaker in a nation conceived in liberty want to do anything other than to make voting as easy as possible for every citizen? Because the GOP is hell-bent on force-feeding their narrow, racist worldview on entire country…Why will be a great mystery when future historians gather to sort through the rubble of what was once the United States.
Today At The Site
Writing worth reading. Usually.
Yes, it is Read Free Sunday (RFS) at The Diary. Enjoy with Sparrow’s compliments.
The Diary of a Nobody – Sparrow reports there are new items at the hotel’s sundry stand. Today’s Diary.
Joining the roster are those Push-Up deals we used to eat a lot as kids but which yours truly personally hadn’t seen for ages and a new ice cream cookie deal, this one featuring M&Ms…Good gravy, that looked good…I resisted the urge to field test one – to ensure a quality product for our valued guests, of course – after looking at the label: the cookie is a sugar cookie and the ice cream has added sugar and the whole shebang has 23 grams of sugar, something that’ll spike your blood sugar just writing about it.
Some Philosophy Crap
The wisdom of the ages. Whatever.
I’m not a jack of all trades…I’ve mastered myself.
Click here for complimentary chapters of all of Gaylon’s books.
It’s easy reading on any device.
Columns, books, shopping lists, click here to get in on the laughs.
4Ever & Ever ($8.99) and monthly ($2.99) plans available.